Saturday, August 4, 2012

Getting Ready for School in the Summer

I know it's still summer, but the first day of school is close, really close!There are a few things I have been doing to get myself ready- organizationally and mentally.Since organizing is easier, lets start there.I always try to bargain shop when looking for ways to keep my classroom organized. An organized classroom makes for a much, MUCH smoother year. So my first stop was Wal-Mart. Most stores start setting up for back to school in June so it was a breeze to find almost everything I needed in the back to school section. Now I don't normally shop at Wal-Mart because it always seems to be so crowded that I get discouraged and end up leaving empty handed. This time around I went with a very clear list in hand and a buddy (read: my mom). We went late one Thursday, divided and conquered. Notebooks that cost a dollar at Five Below were 17 cents at Wal-Mart. Now I know I probably don't need to advertise for them, since most people know it is cheaper than most other stores. However, if you are at all like me, you need a little push. It is worth the crowds and the lines at check-out. Some other places I visited that were worth the hassle? were Costco, Five Below and the Dollar Tree. Amazon is also good, especially when the thought of going to any of the above, just seems impossible.

Some items I bought (not a complete list):
Crates- in lots of colors & sizes 
Folders
Notebooks
Ribbon
Binders
Crayons
White-out
Scrapbook paper
Glue
Erasers
Hand sanitizer
Large Calculator
Bins
Construction paper
Dividers
Sheet protectors
Record Book
Printer paper- white, colored
Hanging pocket folder for files
Manila Folders





I know from past years that this would be a really good start as far as supplies go.

I made another list of tasks I could start on right away. 

This list included:
Substitute Folder
Teacher Binder
Labels for Student Crates
All About Your Teacher Big Book

I will go through each of these topics in other entries since each of those items have several parts. It's never too early to start planning. I'm hoping that by the time we go back for our professional week, I will have gotten a good start on the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment