Sunday, August 5, 2012

Substitute Binder

I figured one of the first things I could do over the summer would be to work on my sub binder.  

I used the following resources to put mine together:


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Free-Editable-Beach-Themed-Substitute-Binder
http://www.thecurriculumcorner.com/2012/07/12/teacher-planning-binder/



I must say I think it turned out great! I only posted pictures of the pages I tweaked. I added a few things I thought would be necessary in my classroom.

Please make sure to read the blogs above that inspired this binder. :-)

Cover- I put scrapbook paper behind the printed computer paper.



Front Page


Table of Contents


Info at a Glance


Blank Class Roster- in case he/she cannot find the printed roster.


Student Bounce Sheet (behavior management) - I added a bounce sheet that students must fill out if they are asked to leave the room. Our school tries to limit the number of office visits if students are misbehaving. In order for the child to sit out of class to avoid any more disruption, they are asked to go to a nearby classroom. There they must fill out a reflection sheet. Students know that once they are bounced, a phone call home must be made. That keeps most kids from wanting to be bounced. If the student continues to misbehave, they are told to go to the office.


Medical Info- I add in allergies and medical information as I get it during the school year. Anything that a sub may need to know I either attach to the binder or write in.



Emergency band-aids, gauze and gloves- I buy a cheap plastic pencil case where I put any emergency care the sub may need. That way she does not have to rummage through my things and I don't have to worry about putting them out for her.



Lesson Plan Pages- I had to change these a bit also since I only teach Spanish. I changed the labels to the section name of each class I teach.


And that is pretty much my sub binder for now. I do, however, plan on taking pictures of my classroom in order to label where everything is. This will make it easier for the sub to find supplies and much easier than writing it all out. Can't do that until I set-up my classroom though!


No comments:

Post a Comment